There’s nothing worse than going for camping to take off your mind from hectic routine but ending up destroying your vacation because of hot summer weather. There’s only one thing that can beat the warm winds in such situations and that is, portable fan for camping. We made a list of best fan for tent camping that ensures the best experience with there amazing quality and latest features. But first check the editor’s pick.
Things to Consider Before Buying
Camping fans contain two power sources;
- Batteries – battery powered camping fan is a convenient option if you don’t have any power supply. But the only drawback it has is that it doesn’t last for a long time.
- Electrical hook-up – fans that run on them are capable to work for a very long time. But you don’t always have an access to the power socket when going for camping.
Standing vs Hanging:
Another option you have to select is whether you want a standing tent fan or the hanging one.
- Hanging fans cover more surface area and can provide wind to every nook and corner. But they are tricky to install.
- However, standing fans are easy to manage and they provide you the direct cooling.
Blade defines performance of the fan. However, fans are built from various materials. Each blade has its own advantage.
- Metal blades – They are highly efficient and are considered best among the cooling fans for tents. The only downside here is there are a lot heavy. Therefore, they are not very suitable when talking about outdoor.
- Plastic blades – They are light in weight and also, they provide suitable amount of cooling. Therefore, they are considered best to be used for tents.
- Foam blades – They are also present in market. These blades aren’t durable and breaks very easily. Also, they are not very good for cooling.
Camping tent fans come in various sizes.
- Larger fans are not very suitable for tents even thou they provide cooler air
- Some smaller fans have been designed to work silently make sure to check those out
- Lightweight fans are preferred for camping as they are easy to carry around.
- Usually, plastic blades fans are very light in weight. But these aren’t as compatible as metal ones.
- We also considered noise level
- Some fans offer no noise at all, while others produce a faint noise.
Because you are going outdoor, therefore everything should be portable. Therefore, make sure that your camping tent fan has the following two features; Light in weight and compact design.
Top 7 Fans For Tent Camping
|Geek Aire Rechargeable Outdoor Floor Fan|
☞ High-quality battery
|Treva 10-Inch – portable camping fan|
☞ Battery operated
☞ Two-speed operation
|Coleman Cool Zephyr hanging tent fans|
☞ Two light modes
|O2COOL Treva Portable Fan|
☞ Battery operated
☞ Two-speed modes
|OPOLAR Rechargeable USB camping fan|
☞ Multiple power supply options
|KOLSOL Camping Tent Fan|
☞ Battery operated
☞ Light operation
|BaseCamp battery operated ceiling fan for tent|
☞ Two speed modes
☞ Light present
1. Geek Aire Rechargeable Outdoor Floor Fan
- High-quality battery – built-in 7800 mAh battery that has the capability to run non-stop for 24 hours and take only 4 to 6 hours to get fully charged.
- Waterproof – it has a waterproof design and can work in all kinds of atmosphere.
- Adjustable pitch – the pitched propeller blade design has the capability to adjust the direction of wind.
- High-quality construction – built with sturdy metal frame and durable blades.
When going for tent camping, among many things one thing that you must have is a rechargeable fan. This is a battery operated camping fan. That contains a large built-in battery of 7800 mAh. With this much battery this fan can work for 24 hours, which is a great feature. As, in tents it is not possible to have the constant supply of power.
Its sturdy metal frame and waterproof construction makes it ideal for outdoor purposes. Especially on rainy situations this feature comes by hand. The sturdiness and strength of this battery camping fan has thee capability to deal harsh outdoor environments.
Lastly, its unique and upgraded blade design is one of the main reasons why we put this product in our list of best fan for tent camping. Because no matter in what position you are in with its adjustable pitch the blades will blow wind towards you.
This is among the best battery operated fans. When comes to portability and adjust-ability this fan is best ranked among them. Therefore, this camping tent fan is a must have.
2. Treva 10-Inch – portable camping fan
- Battery operated – 10-inch battery operated fan, suitable to carry with you anywhere
- Durable – built with plastic to provide long-lasting strength and power.
- Two-speed operation – it offers two speed ranges, high or low.
- Dual power source – the functions are easy to operate and can shift to AC power if not using batteries.
One of the best camping fans present in the market. It offers two in features. you can either use battery or you can shift the function to AC power. But if using AC power use the adapter that is supplied with it.
The battery size is of only 10”. This portable fan is easy to carry around. You can carry this everywhere with you to keep yourself cool. Built from plastic to provide durable construction. The sturdy materials are capable enough to last for a very long time. also, the presence of patented fan blade will make sure that you will get maximum air flow towards you.
Among different types of portable camp fans, this one will provide you the chance to select the speed of air. You can either select fast or slow, depending upon your needs. It is also known as car camping fan.
One of the satisfied customers said about this product, “This fan is very quiet and will keep you comfortable. It is a must-have for camping.” Therefore, you won’t go wrong with this product.
3. Coleman Cool Zephyr hanging tent fans
- Compatible – this hanging fan is compatible for most of the tents and add light and ventilation
- Attachment – uses magnetic or carbine clip for attachment
- Two light modes – white or amber night light mode present
- Two fan speeds – it can work on high as well a slow speed
- Runtime – 24 to 48 hours depending upon the selection of speed
Unlike other battery powered tent fan it hangs with the tents. This is a unique feature as it ensures the equal distribution of air. For the attachment of fan with the tent it comes with magnetic clips. These clips ensure safe attachment of the fan with tent.
Also, not only this camping fan provides ventilation but also it has a feature of light on it. Therefore, it is also known as camping fan light. The light has two modes in it, white and amber night light. Thus, giving its users the chance to select the light according to their need. And just like above fan this one also has the feature of variable fan speed. That’s low and high speed. However, the runtime of the fan depends upon its speed. In case of high speed, the fan will rum for 24 hours. But with slow speed you can use it for almost 48 hours.
People are highly satisfied with its comfort, durability and value for money.
4. O2COOL Treva Portable Fan
- Battery operated – it is a 5 inch battery operated portable fan.
- Durability – with sturdy plastic construction and patented fan blade, this fan will run for a long time.
- Two-speed modes – high or low speed range present.
- Easy to use – it is operated on two d-batteries. Follow the +/- marks of the battery.
This is the best fan for tent camping. It only needs two 5 inches battery for its operation. It is portable therefore making it easy for you to carry around. And it doesn’t take much space because of its unique folding design.
Built with sturdy and durable plastic that has the ability to last for a very long time. Also, the blades of the fan are modified with patented fan blade design that further ensures its strength. The fan is adjustable and can be tilted.
Keeping in mind the need of customers, the manufacturers added two speed operation. With this operation the fan is capable to work on both high or low speed. Also, the fan produces no noise. Therefore, it is ideal for camping.
This fan is perfect for camping purposes. It is easy to carry and is extremely maneuverable.
5. OPOLAR Rechargeable USB camping fan
- Long-lasting – contains two 2600 mAh rechargeable batteries.
- Run time – 6 to 9 hours.
- Low noise level – produces noise less than 40 dB.
- Multiple power supply options – you can either use batteries for its operation or USB by connecting it with an electronic device.
- Adjustable metal frame – 9-inch metal frame. It also has the capability to be adjusted to 360 degrees.
This rechargeable fan for camping has multiple power supply options. This fan either use two 2600 mAh batteries that are capable to run for 6 to 9 hours for its operation. Or you can use USB device which is connected with laptop or power bank. The USB option is an environmentally friendly.
Also, the metal frame it has is sturdy in construction and has an amazing feature to get rotated at 360 degrees. Therefore, you can change the wind directions.
Customers are deeply satisfied with this product. This fan is famous for its light weight and low noise level, proving that this fan is best rechargeable fan for the money.
6. KOLSOL Camping Tent Fan
- Battery operated – two 1800 mAh lithium batteries are present for the operation.
- Convenient – light in weight, portable and easy to carry around.
- Two speed modes – can adjust speed between fast and slow.
- Light operation – 10 LED lights are present that are super bright.
This battery operated camping fans contains two lithium batteries of 1800 mAh power for its operation. Apart from that is can also work on the USB. Therefore, it is highly convenient to use and is also environmentally friendly.
It has sturdy construction and is light in weight. Thus, this feature makes the carrying around very easy. Also, 10 LED lights are present in it. These lights are enough to lighten up your tent. This makes it the best battery powered fan for camping. As, it provides two in one feature.
Majority of the buyers are pleased with this purchase. The power bank function makes this product much more convenient.
7. BaseCamp battery operated ceiling fan for tent
- Two speed modes – high and low two speed ranges are present.
- Light present – 500 lumen of LED light.
- Battery operated – uses 4 d-lithium batteries for operation.
- Runtime – 24 hours when using on high speed and 48 hours when using on low speed.
If you are looking for camping fans battery operated, that can last for a very long time then consider this one. It offers two variable speed range, high or low. You can select the speed according to your need. Also, its runtime depends upon its speed. When going on high speed it can last for 24 hours. Whereas, on low speed it is good to go for 48 hours.
It runs on 4 batteries and also contain lights in it. The 500 lumen LED lights are bright enough to lighten up your camps. All these features come very handy when you are going for camping for days in mountains or forests.
Users are pleased with its portability and maneuverability. Also, the battery life is very much appreciated.
This list of portable fans for camping that we mentioned above, contains the best features and specifications. we hope that this article will prove beneficial for you.
Make sure to check our HOME PAGE.
1. How long do battery operated fans last?
They tend to last from 2 to 8 hours. So you should probably check the instructions before buying a fan
2. Are USB fans any good?
Yes, they tend to blow quite some air and also don’t make any noise.
3. How much power does a USB fan require?
USB dan consumes 2.5 W of power per hour and is able to save 95% more power than traditional and ordinary fans.
4. How much electricity would a small fan consume?
they can consume around 70 W of power per hour.
5. Is it cheaper to run fans or AC?
Fans are way cheaper to run.