There are number of reasons to wear wool clothes in hunting season. The unmatched insulation properties of wool makes it ideal for outdoor trips. The best part about wearing wool is, it keeps you warm even if it gets wet or frozen. It is flexible and comfortable. It doesn’t stink and keep you dry. After researching all the available warm hunting clothes we have found some best options in high end hunting clothing.
Things to consider before buying best wool hunting clothes
A big part of hunting clothes is a good camouflage pattern. Buy some best wool hunting clothing with the camouflage pattern of:
- Real tree MAX-4 waterfowl camouflage (specifically designed for duck hunting)
- Real tree AP camouflage (for all purpose of hunting)
- Warn color orange (a bright color that can be easily spotted by other hunters but not animals)
Few big names in hunting brands that can never get you wrong are:
- Under armor
- First lite
These companies provide special designs of insulated hunting clothes in different camouflage patterns.
Hunting clothes include several accessories:
- Hunting gloves
- Wool jackets
- Wool Socks
- Thermal shirts
- Hunting cap
- Wool is a good quality fabric that is reliable and strong
- It is composed of many amino acid that offer absorbent properties
- It helps retain the texture of fabric for a longer time
- Purchase hunting clothes in a larger size than you need
- You will be able to wear layers of clothing with a bigger size
- It will ensure your comfort
Our 10 Best wool hunting clothes
|First lite obsidian pants||☞ Made of a durable Marino nylon fabric|
☞ Rip-stop woven configuration
☞ Articulated and stretched
|Sitka articulated hunting pant||☞ Tree covered and vegetated|
☞ Designed for ambushing
☞ It is made of light weight
|Walker and hawkes women hunting jacket||☞ Women’s derby tweed hunting jacket|
☞ made of 60% pure wool
☞ it has breathable membrane
|Dachstein wool wear jacket||☞ Dry, clean and imported wool wear|
☞ The short collar quietly lies against your skin
☞ Structured fit and classic style jacket
|Filson mackinaw wool field jacket||☞ Combination of cotton and wool jacket|
☞ 24 oz. wind and water resistant
☞ Woven coat that will maintain your looks
|DG hill marino wool thermal socks||☞ Designed for extreme weather conditions|
☞ Keeps you warm
☞ Brushed fleece lining
|Scent lok men’s hunting pants||☞ A perfect balanced pant for all seasons|
☞ New taktix system with rich features
☞ An un-matched carbon
|Man’s thinsulate 3M palm gloves||☞ Made with 55% wool|
☞ Available in all sizes of men and teens
☞ Thick, lined and flip down measurements
|Sitka men’s fanatic camo hunting gloves||☞ durable fabric and imported quality|
☞ offers a perfect balance
☞ half fore finger design
|Nomad men hailstorm jacket||☞ The most innovative and authentic hunting jacket|
☞ The bundle includes ware to work bandana
☞ Provides true functionality performance
1. First lite obsidian pants
- Made of a durable Marino nylon fabric
- Rip-stop woven configuration
- Articulated and stretched built-in fit design
- Pattern provides a complete range of motion while hunting
- Matte and breathable. quite without shine
- Also include suspenders
Everyone knows the traditional hunting clothes by first lite. First lite obsidian pant is true to its size whether you are wearing it as a layer or over a layer. The durable merino wool hunting clothes are made of wool and nylon fabric which is anti-bacterial and stays warm.
WOW! Most amazing fabric I’ve ever seen or felt. You can tell it’s both strong/flexible and high thermal properties. It looks amazing as well.
2. Sitka articulated hunting pant
- Tree covered and vegetated terrain made in USA
- Designed for ambushing and stalking ungulates from ground
- It is made of light weight and ultra-breathable fabric
- Features a four way stretchable nylon fabric
- Quick drying ascent pant
- Mesh backed pockets for additional ventilation
- Polygiene technology controls odor caused from sweat
- Articulated pattern provide a maximum range of motion
Sitka articulated hunting clothes provide the most durable pants. This soft shell pant keep you cool and dry while you hunt. The fabric material used is stretchable nylon that ensures the comfort and breathability. The internal mesh knee pocket is to provide extra protection and comfort.
I love these pants. They fit well, just a tad bit more snug than my Sitka mountain pants in the same size, but not uncomfortable to wear. They are very light and breathable well they also dry very quickly.
3. Walker and hawkes women hunting jacket
- Women’s derby tweed hunting jacket
- made of 60% pure wool
- it has breathable membrane
- two heavy duty side zippers
- the jacket is water proof as well as wind proof
- the fabric used is taflon coated
walker and hawkes are famous for their wool hunting sweaters and jackets. They provide their customers with the material which is resistant of all kind of harsh weather conditions. This best wool hunting jacket has 100% polyester internal lining. For extra strength and durability this jacket has 2 way brass heavy duty zip and extra seams from arms and shoulders.
With my thin upper body, I got a size medium. Jacket fits well, and has room for a sweater under it. However I think jacket will be so warm I will not need to wear a sweater. Very Nice quality wool.
4. Dachstein wool wear jacket
- Dry, clean and imported wool wear
- The short collar quietly lies against your skin
- Structured fit and classic style jacket
- 100% traditional Austrian boiled wool
- This jackets covers you all and make you ready to hunt
- It include five forest wood buttons and two warm pockets
This great mens wool hunting jacket by dachstein wool wear makes you a leader of livestock and a leader of men. The wool material used is quiet durable and breathable. This green wool camo coat like jacket brings you the freshness of Dachstein Mountains.
This is the best Jacket ever. My husband gets so many compliments on it. Added bonus it is MADE in Austria NOT CHINA. If one takes care of this jacket – it will last a life time.
5. Filson mackinaw wool field jacket
- Combination of cotton and wool jacket made in USA
- 24 oz. wind and water resistant
- Woven coat that will maintain your looks without compromising performance
- Bottom land original camouflage pattern
- Front zip closure and dual welts.
- Include two hand warmer zipper pockets and one chest zipper pocket
- Roomy fit size. It is a combination of 80% wool and 20% cotton
This merino wool hunting jacket by mossy oak’s original has been famous in the hunting industry for a long time. They have their new designs this year including this filson mackinaw wool field jacket with bottom land camouflage pattern. The jacket include internal security pockets and zipper hand warmer pockets.
The best part about them is the coverage all the way up your neck. This is the only reason that I own both filson hunting vest and jacket, because they give your neck and throat protection when it’s really chilly outside.
6. DG hill marino wool thermal socks
- Designed for extreme weather conditions with 80% Marino wool
- Keeps you warm by acting as a body temperature regulator
- Brushed fleece lining which is incredibly comfortable and soft
- Stretchable and extremely durable
- Added arch support and reinforced toe and heel cushioning
- These socks are odor free as it absorbs moisture and sweat
- Thermal Antibacterial socks are available in all sizes
DG hills manufactures a variety of mens hunting clothing every year. This pair of wool socks is ideal for hunting and hiking. Its ultra-comfortable and high performance properties keep you warm all day long. They are breathable and built for versatility.
Most of the customers are happy with quality and comfort but many complained about the strong odor and awful smell it produced after using it.
7. Scent lok men’s hunting pants
- A perfect balanced pant for all seasons
- New taktix system with rich features
- An un-matched carbon alloy technology with odor absorption
- Consists of an un-detected camouflage pattern
- The never wet feature keeps you clean and dry
- Water, blood, mud and other liquids resistant
- Designed with Micro fleece inner lining and eight pockets
After the struggle and improvements of 25 year this scentlok hunting pant company. The product is here with rich features and carbon alloy absorption technology. This pant will be greatly helpful in searching your quest and success. It also include articulated knees and side waist band elastic.
Great product, lots of pockets and comfortable too. I got the large size and mainly bought for warmer weather hunts. They fit me around the waist. Overall I would recommend.
8. Man’s thinsulate 3M palm gloves
- Made with 55% wool and 55% acrylic material
- Available in all sizes of men and teens
- Thick, lined and flip down measurements
- Easy access plus super thick and warm
- Work as natural insulator. 40 gram insulation hold
- Durable custom micro fleece fiber for long lasting wear
These gloves by Sk hat shop is a warmest hunting gear and works great for all outdoor activities. They are super warm, super soft and super comfortable. Improved quality consists of 40 gram thick fleece lining and thinsulate 3M insulation properties.
They fit perfectly. Really snug and cozy. They’re lined with a soft fuzzy lining on the inside too. And the wrist unfolds for a longer extended glove up your wrist.
9. Sitka men’s fanatic camo hunting gloves
- durable fabric and imported quality
- offers a perfect balance of dexterity and warmth
- half fore finger design to offer more thumb accuracy
- provide ability to use touch screen phone
- the DWR system that prevent water light precipitation from getting wet
- easy on/off with durable leather pull system
the sitka men hunting gloves provide the versatility you need to stay for all day long. The camouflage micro configuration pattern helps in making your hunting effective, warm and comfortable. The gloves features water resistant properties and breathable next to skin layer.
I wore these gloves for two entire seasons now, and I couldn’t be happier. They are the perfect combination of having a lightweight early season glove.
10. Nomad men hailstorm jacket
- The most innovative and authentic hunting jacket
- The bundle includes ware to work bandana
- Provides true functionality performance in hunting field
The nomad mail storm company inspires their community by making the best hunting jackets in market. The product they produce is always authentic and innovative. This jacket provide efficiency during your hunting sessions in any weather condition.
Many Customers have provided positive responses after using this jacket.
For a great experience in a hunting field, there are several factors to consider. Wool hunting clothes are as essential as other hunting gears and accessories are. The hunting worth nothing if you have everything but you can’t stand the cold anymore. Take right decisions before getting into the game. We hope our article is helpful enough for you to purchase the best wool hunting clothes.
1. Are wool pants good for hunting?
Wool pants are proven to be great for hunting. They are breathable, durable and fully effective. Not all the expensive products you buy last longer. And cheaper products also tends to be less durable so, wool products are little expensive but worth buying.
2. What hunting clothes are warmest?
Some of the best warmest hunting clothes include, First lite obsidian pants, Sitka articulated hunting pant, DG hill marino wool thermal socks, Filson mackinaw wool field jacket, Walker and hawkes women hunting jacket and many other more.
3. What is the best cold weather hunting gear?
some of the best cold weather hunting gears that make the cold bearable are: First lite obsidian pants, Sitka articulated hunting pant, Walker and hawkes women hunting jacket, Dachstein wool wear jacket, Filson mackinaw wool field jacket, DG hill marino wool thermal socks, Scent lok men’s hunting pants, Man’s thinsulate 3M palm gloves, Sitka men’s fanatic camo hunting gloves, Nomad men hailstorm jacket.
4. Is merino wool works better than regular wool?
Yes merino wool is better than regular wool. A difference between merino wool and regular wool is that the merino wool is gentler and softer than regular wool. It is because merino wool is generated from a unique kind of sheep called merino sheep.
5. What is the best rain gear for hunting?
Best rain gears for hunting are: : First lite obsidian pants, Sitka articulated hunting pant, Walker and hawkes women hunting jacket, Dachstein wool wear jacket, Filson mackinaw wool field jacket, DG hill marino wool thermal socks, Scent lok men’s hunting pants, Man’s thinsulate 3M palm gloves, Sitka men’s fanatic camo hunting gloves, Nomad men hailstorm jacket.