Keeping track of so many tools can slow down your work. That is why you need a tool bag to organize all your tools. Tool bags are designed to keep the tools safe and handy making your work easier. You can carry them easily than the tool boxes. Some of the best tool bags for carpenters are listed here with a review. First, you need to go through a buying guide to know the features you need to focus while selecting a tool bag.
Best Tool Bags for Carpenters –Buyer’s Guide
The features you need to consider while buying the best tool bag are as follows:
- You need to pay attention to the waist size range to get the right tool belt for you.
- The weight of your tool bag is important as it will be adding to the tools weight. Leather bags weigh more than nylon bags and harness belts are heavier than waist belts.
- You will come across tool bags made of leather, synthetic fiber, nylon, and maybe canvas. They will last longer if you use them with care.
- Pockets is what you are buying the tool bag for. You need to look according to your requirements that what size and number of pockets you need.
- The tool bag should be durable as it will be holding heavy and sharp tools. With proper maintenance, it should be able to last a lifetime.
- Harness and waist belts are the two designs you will run into. Harness belts are good for working in elevated areas.
You should be comfortable while working and padding will add the comfort element.
The 7 Best Tool Bags for Carpenters
|Occidental 5590 LG Best Tool Belt||☞ Adjustable pouches|
☞ Six different sizes
☞ Two-year warranty
|ToughBuilt Carpenter Tool Bag||☞ Durable nylon construction|
☞ Dimensions are 16 x 16 x 16 inches
☞ Weighs only 4 pounds
|Gatorback B145 Carpenter Tool Bag||☞ Weighs 5 pounds|
☞ The size is 5 x 5 x 0.7 inches
☞ 36-40” waist size
|Bucket Boss Carpenter Tool Bag||☞ Size is 23 x 4 x 11 inches|
☞ Weighs 3.35 pounds
☞ Fits up to 52” waist
|CLC Custom Leathercraft 1614 Carpenter Work Bag||☞ Polyester fabrication|
☞ Weighs 4.9 pounds
☞ Size is 5.25 x 23 x 12.5 inches
|Task Tools Leather Tool Bag Carpenter||☞ Weighs only 2.8 pounds|
☞ Size is 23.75 x 10.75 x 3 inches
☞ 2” heavy duty saddle leather belt
|Jackson Palmer Carpenter Work Bag||☞ Reinforced stitching and iron buckles|
☞ Weighs 5.24 pounds
☞ Fits 30-50” waist
We are presenting you some of the best carpenter bags with all the features. They are designed to organize your tools and keep you safe from getting poked by the sharpness. You can easily access your tools while working which would actually save your time. The best carpenter bags include:
1. Occidental 5590 LG Best Tool Belt
- Durable high density leather fabrication
- The dimensions are 16 x 16 x 10 inches
- It weighs 5.2 pounds
- No spill tool holder system specifically designed for electricians
- Adjustable pouches
- Six different sizes
- Two-year warranty
Occidental makes one of the best carpenter tool bags on the market. It is specifically designed for electricians. Talking about the durability, it is made of high density leather that requires sealant only once a year. This bag is great to adjust the narrow electrician tools. They come in six sizes, so you do not need to worry about the waist size. The pouches are adjustable, distributing the weight evenly and keeping your most used tools handy.
This pouch is lightweight. I have been wearing leather pouches for all this time, and this is the lightest I have worn. The leather is of high quality. Oiling it with a leather conditioner, the material softens and molds to individual tools.
2. ToughBuilt Carpenter Tool Bag
- Durable nylon construction
- Dimensions are 16 x 16 x 16 inches
- Weighs only 4 pounds
- 32-48” waist sizes
- 10 pockets
- Storage for your mobile phone, utility knife, etc.
- Can build your tool belt using suspenders, pouches, bags, and belts
This carpenter tool rig is made of durable nylon. You can use it as a waist belt or a harness belt using suspenders. It fits 32-48” waist sizes. It contains 2 hammer loops, tape measure clip, rugged 6 layer construction, 10 pockets and loops. This lightweight tool belt weighs only 4 pounds and has 16 x 16 x 16 inch dimensions. It can last a lifetime if used with proper care.
It is of better quality than expected for the price. The padded belt provides great lower back and waist support. I use this belt with suspenders TOU-CT-51. There are two push-release clasps and a Velcro strap to wear or remove the set. With the frame pouch and three other pouches I have 11 pockets for my tools.
3. Gatorback B145 Carpenter Tool Bag
- 1250 Duratek nylon construction
- Weighs 5 pounds
- The size is 5 x 5 x 0.7 inches
- 36-40” waist size
- Patented air channel for reducing sweat and irritation
- Seven pockets with organizers
- One year defect-free warranty
The main belt is made of genuine leather increasing strength and durability. The double metal buckles provides secure fit. The pockets are designed for maximum space and accessibility. The plastic reinforcement in the main compartment prevents it from collapsing. The stress points in the pouches are secured with bar-track stitching and rivets. You get support and comfort from the high quality memory foam and the molded air channels prevent overheating. The Gatorback contractor tool belt comes with a one year defect-free warranty.
I work as a construction Forman and have used a lot of good tool belts. I have to say that this is a great belt and worth the money. It has deep pockets and a lot of space. I am satisfied with it and cannot wait to wear with suspenders.
4. Bucket Boss Carpenter Tool Bag
- Size is 23 x 4 x 11 inches
- Weighs 3.35 pounds
- Fits up to 52” waist
- Adjustable and spacious pouches
- Easy on and off
- Adjustable suspenders
This carpenter’s tool apron has an adjustable belt that can fit up to 52” waistline. The tall guys will not have any problem fitting in to this belt. The reinforced pouch bottoms will help you carry heavy tools without worrying about their fall. You can also detach and adjust the pouches according to your ease. You can also detach the suspender system and adjust it. The chest restraining strap keeps you safe while working. There is also an additional loop to keep tools with long handles.
I love this tool belt. The pouches are spacious and you can adjust them to whatever position you are comfortable with. The suspenders make it relaxing and secure. I have no regrets purchasing this piece. It also looks good color wise.
5. CLC Custom Leathercraft 1614 Carpenter Work Bag
- Polyester fabrication
- Weighs 4.9 pounds
- Size is 5.25 x 23 x 12.5 inches
- 6 large pockets and 13 additional sleeves and pockets to hold variety of tools
- 2 hammer holders and a measuring tape clip to keeps tools within reach
- Sleeves for a pry bar, carpenters square and combination square
- Sta-Open pocket design with webbing reinforcement
- Antique brass-finish hardware and rivets
- Fits 29-46” waist size
This high-quality 5-piece carpenter tool belt has 20 pockets with 3” padded, belt with roller buckle and adjustable suspenders. The main pockets are designed for easy access to your tools and nails. The padded suspenders distribute the weight evenly making the experience comfortable. It has an excellent 29-46” waist size range.
This tool belt is unbelievably comfortable. It has pockets for your all tools and I love keeping my knife in the holster. The pockets stick far and stay open, so you can lose your tools while moving in and out of tight spaces.
6. Task Tools Leather Tool Bag Carpenter
- Oil-tanned leather construction keeping the performance at peak
- Weighs only 2.8 pounds
- Size is 23.75 x 10.75 x 3 inches
- 2” heavy duty saddle leather belt
- 12 multi-sized rounded corner pockets
- 2 nickel-plated hammer holders
This heavy duty tool belt is made of oil-tanned leather keeping it at peak performance. You can easily carry all your needed tools at the work site as it is only 2.8 pounds, so it would not make it too heavy with the tools. There are 12 multi-sized pocket to hold your tools. Task Tools is an inexpensive tool brand that lasts for a lifetime.
It is well constructed and has great quality. This work belt has impressed me. I got it as a gift for my dad and he was impressed by the quality.
7. Jackson Palmer Carpenter Work Bag
- Reinforced stitching and iron buckles
- Weighs 5.24 pounds
- Fits 30-50” waist
- Padded back and chest straps
- 5 point connection for weight distribution and cooling mesh for breathability
- Hammer holder, 2 power tool hooks, and 2 detachable pockets with dividers
This carpenter work belt is highly durable making it great for daily use. The padded back and chest straps make a comfortable wearing. It has 5 connection points for even weight distribution reducing backache. It fits waist sizes of 30-50” and has number of pockets of different sizes for organizing your tools. This way you can save time and increase safety at your work place.
I love this tool bag. It is comfortable once you get it adjusted according to your requirements. The multiple back straps take off the weight from your shoulders. The pouches are nice and rigid holding the tools well. It also fits an iPad that I have to carry all day with me.
So with plenty of tool bags for carpenters, you can choose according to your working needs. You need to choose the quality material, the right number and sizes of pockets, adjustable straps, and lightweight tool bag, so you can use it for longer time without wear and tear.
- Why do you need a tool belt?
It is hard to carry tool boxes from one place to another. Tool belts allow to improve work efficiency, and save your time. They are designed to locate tools easily while working and organize the tools according to your requirements. They will last a lifetime if you use them well.
- How to wear a tool belt?
There are two type of tool belts, waist strap and harness strap. For waist belt tool, you need a comfortable fit, so that your pants do not sag. For harness tool belt, you need to consider your height as you will be putting a lot of weight on your shoulders. You must go for a padding strap for comfort.
Wearing a tool belt, first, you need to place the tools you need mostly, in a smaller radius, adjacent to your working hand. Then, you need to put the other tools opposite to your dominant hand. You can still access them easily and your fellow worker can also use them. If you are going up the ladder, you need to take minimum tools, so that they do not drop out. The padded piece will work best for you providing comfort all the day.
- How to clean a leather tool belt?
Leather is a strong material. Remove off the tools and check water-resistance. Leather is a waterproof material. Splash water on a specific area, if beads form, then you can start the cleaning process.
Take a damp cloth and wipe holsters. Hang it up for drying, or use a paper towel to dry. If the tool belt gets wet, then use a hair dryer. The heat source can crack the leather, or fade the color, so you need to dry carefully. Seal and do this two times a year for it to last a lifetime.
- How to clean a nylon or synthetic fiber tool belt?
Remove tools from the belt. Run your vacuum hose on the tool belt. Then, take your bristle brush and apply cleaner to the ends. Rub circles in every spot. This will take your 4-7 minutes. Then, hang it for drying. You can do this every six months to keep your tool belt clean.
- Leather vs. Nylon tool belt?
Leather looks professional while nylon is more comfortable and provides cleaner appearance than leather. Many professionals use a combination or a material according to their job type. You can test both the materials and decide according to your needs.
Tool belt vs. tool pouch
Tool pouches are large and carried by hand while tool belts are worn around the waist and they are safe while working on ladders and roofs. Tool pouches are good to work in tight places.
- What are the best tool belts?
Occidental, ToughBuilt, Gatorback, Bucket Boss, CLC Custom Leathercraft, Task Tools, and Jackson Palmer are some of the best tool belts on the market.
- How to soften a tool belt?
Nylon breaks in much faster than leather. You can rub the tool belt or pouch with isopropyl alcohol and then apply Vaseline. When the Vaseline soaks in the leather, you can wipe the leather and allow it to dry.
- What is the best carpenter tool belt?
Occidental 5590 LG is the best carpenter tool belt on the list. It is made of high density leather and comes in six sizes. The pouches are lightweight and adjustable distributing the weight evenly to reduce backache.
- What to carry in a tool pouch?
Utility knife, carpenter pencil, marker pen, chisel, screwdriver, chalk line, speed square, and hammer are some of the tools you need to carry in your pouch.